On the weekend of 17/18 September 2022 we will be holding an Icelandic Horse Competition here at the farm with regional judge Mic Rushen. There will be a mix of tests with something for everyone including group and individual gaits tests, figures tests, flag racing and beer tolt.
The competition will be held in a large 20x65m arena with a firm all weather surface.
The classes will start at 10:30 on Saturday 17th September, but you are welcome to arrive from 1pm on Friday 16th September and stay until Monday 19th September.
You have a choice of either pay as you go or a bulk savings offer for your classes. You can either pay the class cost if you only want to enter one or two classes, but if you are entering more classes you can pay a bulk savings fee of £40 per horse and rider combination and enter as many starts as your horse is allowed over the two days (see below for number of allowed starts per day).
- T1 - Individual Tolt Class
- T2 - Individual Loose Rein Tolt Class
- T3 - Intermediate Group Tolt Class
- T6 - Intermediate Group Loose Rein Tolt Class
- T7 - Beginners Group Tolt Class
- V1 - Individual Four Gait Class
- V6 - Beginners Group Four Gait Class
- F1 - Individual Five Gait Class
- F3 - Intermediate Group Five Gait Class
- HF1 - Best 3 of 4 - Four gaits are shown and only the marks from the best three count
- FG1 - Figures Test
- CR1 - Countryside Riding
- HF2 - Group Piggy Pace Class (Same format as T7, but piggy pace instead of tolt)
- FR1 - Flag Race
- BT1 - Beer Tolt
- JC1 - Bucket Jumping Challenge
- HF3 - In Hand Handy Pony (Ideal as experience for non ridden youngsters)
- Tests will be run under FEIF rules as qualifiers only for all classes except T1, T2, V1 & F1. These classes will have a three horse final.
- Classes running on both Saturday and Sunday will be considered as one class for placings. There will be rosettes to third place.
- Non Registered Icelandic Horses are welcome to take part but must compete HC.
- The only exception to the FEIF rules is that horses may compete in more than one gaits class and more than one tolt class per day.
- The number of starts per horse per day for FEIF classes is limited (in accordance with the FEIF rules) as follows:
- A 5-year-old horse, may start twice per day, not including races or cross-country (however, pace test, speed pace and pace races are permitted)
- A 6-year-old horse may start 3 times per day
- A 7 year and older horse, may start 4 times per day
- Any preliminary round or final is considered to be a start
- For pace test, speed pace, pace race 250m and 150m, 2 rounds on one day are counted as 1 start
- Our standard terms & conditions apply.
I really hope you can join us.